10 things to do while you're stuck in the house!
1. Read a book! Not only will it pass time but it's great for boosting intelligence, increasing empathy and can even lower stress.
Here are a few thrillers and personal development books I love! https://www.liketoknow.it/ltk/KNTobhbT3TPMV2Qxl46wq
2. Practice meditation & yoga. These practices can increase your mental well being as well as improve mental clarity and calmness. Benefits also include increased body awareness; relief of chronic stress patterns; relaxing the mind; centering attention; and sharpening concentration.
Here is a great place to start with your yoga practice for free! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--jhKVdZOJM
Here is a great place to start with your mediation practice!
Here are a few things you can grab for improving your yoga practice: https://www.liketoknow.it/ltk/1cOYRnNa3Fw08ZLeiHkGiK
3. Bake something or try a new dinner recipe! Baking and cooking sparks creativity and allows your body and mind to connect. Cooking has also proven to be meditative and help stimulate the senses! So put on some jams and check out my other blog posts for some sweet recipes!
4. Create a vision/goal board. It can get super easy to become complacent with your goals when its so easy to lay around. Grab some magazines, a glue stick, scissors and a poster board and realign with your goals, visions, and what's most important to you!
5. Clean out your closet! Go through your clothes, pajamas, swim suits, shoes, bags, etc. Be intentional! Create a giveaway bag and bring it to a goodwill or women's shelter. Do the same thing in your kitchen!
6. Deep clean your home. Yep. I said it. Grab the windex, the bleach, the mop, the Clorox and your rubber gloves boo. Pump up the jams. Spring cleaning is in full swing!
7. Binge watch a Netflix show! But make it an experience! FaceTime your besties in between episodes, uncork a bottle of wine, pop some popcorn and grab your coziest blanket!
Here are some of my fave binge worthy shows...
The Walking Dead
Dead to me
Hart of Dixie
8. Practice self care. Light a candle, put on your favorite girl boss playlist or podcast and do a FULL ON SELF CARE ROUTINE! Including..but not limited to... cleanse and tone, use a serum, apply a face mask, pluck your brows, paint your nails, do a foot mask, do a hair mask, shave your legs, apply lotion to your body!
9. Take a nap. Download some free sleep sounds. There are lots in the App Store. And catch up on your beauty sleep. Studies show that daytime naps can improve many things: increase alertness, boost creativity, reduce stress, improve perception, stamina, motor skills and accuracy, enhance your sex life, aid in weight loss, reduce the risk of heart attack, brighten your mood and boost memory!
10. Have a dance party. Boost your heart rate and your mood. If you have a pet, inched them. Force them, if you must. Alexa...play dance songs!